Election Coverage

Labels:

I discovered that I did miss another issue that I would really like to touch on. That is the election coverage by the relevant media forms in Singapore recently.

Personally, I am someone who enjoys objectivity. Information is meant to be what it is. Facts. It might be opinions of another person, but the actual opinions should be presented as what it is. Not reworded, not laced with sarcasm. To this, I have to say that the most media sources has really disappointed me.

Perhaps the most prominently shameless ones are currently the TOC as well as the Straits Times. With TOC really taking it to the next level, I quote

"
Strange thing happened at the SDP rally at Clementi earlier this evening. Each and every time the word 'Vivian' was uttered by any of the speakers, it was followed by a resounding 'boo' from the crowd.
" - Link
...

Even one of my favorite blogger MrBrown, has started to make posts that is so obviously partisan. Then again, perhaps less can be said for his blog, since it is what it is, a blog to discuss his own thoughts and feelings.

But Straits Times. Man, you really take the cake.

I can't even be bothered to find examples. From the type of photographs and the number and length of columns.

As a national newspaper, your lack of objectivity, disgusts me.

It is the most basic of professionalism in journalism. If you want to become Fox News, I wish you all the best, and hope that another newspaper might get better editors to become an alternative to you for me.

When we read the news, we want unbiased information. Simple as that.

Medias. Stop giving me the biased bullshit. I just want to know the facts.

Comments (0)