What the World Owes Us

Labels:

I remember when I was a kid that whenever I wanted a toy or a game, my mom would say, "You don't always get everything you want in this world." I was brought up with the mentality that life can drop lemons on us anywhere at anytime, and nothing is rightfully ours until it has been consumed or utilized.

While using the Internet today and watching some shows, I found myself getting annoyed at the speed at which it was loading at, and even more so when it stopped halfway saying that I had reached the limit for the day. After a while, I became amused at this. How fast does the world owe me something, that I couldn't wait for these miracles of technology to function, for free?!

We live in a era of abundance, when only scarcity is rare. We were introduced into a time when advanced technology already existed, and never had to experience the life before.

I should take a step back and think sometimes. You don't always get what you want in this world, and you don't usually need it anyway.

Comments (0)