Shit happens.

Labels:

When I was younger, whenever bad things happened, I used to simply suck it up and walk it off. Its not as if I was in any position to change the situation, because I would have acted the same way if I had another go at it without the information I now have. It was always an issue of working with the things I had at the point in time rather than what I might have had. Also, I always believed that there was always someone that's in a deeper shit than I was, no matter how bad my situation seemed to be. It was not hard to imagine that to be the truth as well. Its easy to imagine how things could be so much worse if the bad thing happened, and you got run over by a car while at it.

Even if you got run over by a car, you could have been run over by TWO cars.

However, as I grew older, I discovered that I began to detest bad luck more and more. It was no longer an issue of working with the flow, but rather I felt more and more than I was working against it, as if the universe has made my life shitter and I was making sure it wouldn't get away scot-free.

I no longer think about the good things about my situation, merely the fact that I was in it. I end up constantly reminding myself that the test of character is not when the shit lands, but what you do after it does.

While these thoughts are running through my head today, I wonder when this transition happened. Was it because of how I was educated? Did I simply grow out of my naive ideas? Or was it just that losing was no longer a trivial result in life any longer? Was it just simply because I had been embroiled in so much shit that I developed a sense of injustice against it?

Whatever the reason might be, if history can be trusted, I quite suspect that this change of mindset will not be the last. It would be quite nice that the new one comes along quickly though, I don't quite like this one that I'm having now.

Comments (0)